Businesses in today’s world rely on some form of technology. And we all know how frustrating it can be when technology doesn’t work right. Instead of being productive, your day turns into countless hours of tinkering with technology trying to fix an issue. As companies grow, the reliance on technology becomes even more necessary, and that is why businesses need IT support.
As a business owner, you may hire internal employees, but many businesses look to fill this need with outsourcing. Why do businesses decide to outsource their IT Support rather than hiring in-house? Let’s look at the top 5 reasons outsourcing your IT is beneficial, so you can determine if outsourcing your IT is right for you.
5 Reasons to Outsource Your IT
- Cost: In-house employees are more expensive, between salary, benefits, taxes, etc. It’s more cost-effective to outsource IT, as you can control your costs with a one-time monthly payment. You can know what you’re paying each month and plan ahead for additional IT projects or upgrades, to keep your technology budget on track and on a timeline.
- Expertise: Rather than just having knowledge from one internal IT employee, you can get multiple technicians with a range of industry knowledge. These technicians manage networks for many different businesses and industries, are constantly doing training to be up on the latest trends and best practices to keep your business running smoothly and to keep your data secure from cybercriminals.
- Flexibility: Full-time employees are tied down to 40 hours a week, whether you need that or not. With outsourced IT, you pay for the work that needs to get done when you need it. That way, if you need more work when you're busy, and less when you’re not so busy, you can adjust your technology budget to fit your needs, giving you flexibility as a business owner.
- Reduced Risk: When you outsource your IT, your IT partner is proactively managing your network and systems. You no longer need to deal with the issues of downtime or prepare for maintenance and upgrades. Also, it’s unlikely your one internal employee or a small team can stay up to date with how rapidly technology changes. When you outsource your IT, you have access to a team of technicians, as well as their knowledge and resources. Even if one team member doesn’t know how to solve a problem, they can connect with another team member who does and get your issue resolved quickly and painlessly.
- Better Focus: Your focus should be on growing your business, not worrying about IT issues. By outsourcing your IT, you can increase your focus on the tasks you do best to help your business grow and succeed.
Is IT Outsourcing Right for You?
As a managed service provider, we’ve helped many business owners cut costs and find the amazing benefits of IT outsourcing. We often have clients coming to us because their systems are constantly having issues that are hindering their growth and productivity. When considering what might be best for your company, choosing to outsource or hiring an internal team has many pros and cons. Along with saving costs, your technology running smoothly on a daily business is essential, and we have you covered.
Businesses today rely on technology, and computer or network problems are one of the biggest frustrations of employees. By outsourcing your IT, you can know your network is secure and your employees are happier from smooth-running technology.
If you’re looking for reliable, cost-efficient IT support, that allows you and your employees to be more productive so you can grow, consider outsourcing your IT! There are many more than 5 reasons to outsource your IT support. Contact Micro Doctor IT today for a free network assessment or give us a call at 330-898-2100 to answer any questions. We work with businesses in Warren, Youngstown, Cleveland, Akron, and surrounding areas. Work smarter with Micro Doctor IT.
By: Megan Augustine, Marketing Manager